Goals of the meeting:
COD’s Strategic Goals include:
Observing Systems- Sustain an evolving in situ global observing system adequate to monitor the Earth system
Information and Products- Expand the observation-based products and analyses that describe global and regional patterns of climate variability and change
Innovation- Focus on innovative practices and new technologies to improve system efficiency
Partnerships- Promote partnerships that build on mutual strengths and interests, and advance the value and impact of COD work
People and Culture- Empower people and their role in the organization to sustain a highly skilled and competent workforce adaptive to changing needs and conditions.
Agenda: In progress, keep checking back for updates
Invited Speakers: Check back for updates
Participants: Check back for updates
Registration: Register here
Abstracts due April 15!!
Lunch information: Order here
We have reserved a block of rooms at the following hotels:
1. College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
3501 University Blvd, East
Hyattsville, MD 20783
Rooms are reserved for our group at a cost of $199/night. This rate is guaranteed through 25
May. The NOAA Block reservation number is 1-800-228-9290.
Or book your reservation online Here using the code: NOAA Block
• Free parking
• Free high-speed internet is available in all guest rooms.
• Free shuttle within a 5-mile radius. Reserve at front desk. First come/first served.
• Complimentary shuttle to Prince George’s Plaza Metro (Green line)
2. Greenbelt Marriott
6400 Ivy Lane, Greenbelt, MD 20770
Phone: 301-441-3700 or 1-888-236-2427 Fax: 301-441-3995
• Rooms are reserved for our group at a cost of $229/night. This rate is guaranteed through
24 May. When you call the Greenbelt Marriott to make your reservation, please state that you
are with the NOAA Room Block or go here to book online WASGB June 2015 to receive the discounted rate (same as the
• Free parking.
• High-speed internet is available in all guest rooms for $12.95. Free Wi-Fi in lobby.
• Shuttle, which seats ~8. They agreed to offer one complimentary morning shuttle at ~0800 to the conference center. Not sure about evening return transport yet.
• 1 Mile from Greenbelt Metro (Green line)
Other hotels in the area
3. Holiday Inn College Park
4. Courtyard Greenbelt
5. Residence Inn Greenbelt
6. Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt
7. Comfort Inn & Suites College Park
8. Quality Inn & Suites College Park
The closest airports are Baltimore Washington International (BWI), Ronald Reagan (National), and Dulles (IAD). If you need directions regarding how to most easily travel to/from an airport, please email and we will be happy to send you details. Information is also available on the meeting registration website or at the NCWCP site http://www.arl.noaa.gov/Directions.php.
If it is necessary for you to ship material prior to the Community Workshop, please contact Debbie Galo at email@example.com.