Planning and Programming Division
The Planning and Programming Division (PPD) supports the Climate Program Office and NOAA in meeting the responsibilities of NOAA's Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Goal
PPD provides inputs to:
PPD also coordinates efforts:
- annual strategic planning
- budget formulation processes, and
- revisions to the NOAA strategic plan (link to page http://www.ppi.noaa.gov/ngsp/).
Key activities include:
- within the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) and
- across other NOAA line offices and NOAA Mission Goals.
- Leading NOAA's Strategy Execution and Evaluation (SEE) planning process for the Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Goal; link to their page http://www.ppi.noaa.gov/see/
- Coordinating formulation of program plans for the SEE planning process;
- Coordinating Climate Goal activities;
- Tracking and reporting program progress and achievements;
- Synthesizing scientific and policy documents and coordinating NOAA's climate R&D portfolio;
- Advancing climate partnerships, including working groups, teams, and councils within and external to NOAA;
- Evaluating the impact of the NOAA Climate Program, establishing objectives and informing policy decisions.