CPO scientist Nancy Beller-Simms spoke at the Meeting of the Climate Change and Water Resources Workgroup of the Advisory Committee on Water Information on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
The goals of the two-day workshop are to:
- Review key elements of the President’s Climate Action Plan and the Executive Order on Climate Change Preparedness and their implementation related to water resources
- Develop options and recommendations for key actions needed to improve adaptation of water resources to a changing climate in response to Section 3 of the Executive Order
- Educate members about Workgroup mission and climate change interests and activities of member organizations and nonmembers
- Provide current information on Federal agency activities related to climate change and water and exchange practical information on key water and climate change adaptation challenges
- Engage members in the mission and activities of the Workgroup and establish relationships among members
Beller-Simms was the NOAA representative during the "Snapshots of federal agency actions for water resources adaption to climate change" panel.