The National Integrated Heat Health Information System (NIHHIS) Interagency Communications Group will be holding a heat season awareness social media campaign May 15th through 19th, 2023. This campaign is a federal collaboration on heat communication to raise awareness about the risk of extreme heat, and to provide audiences with information about preparedness and actions to take to prevent heat-related illnesses and death. In this social media campaign, participating agencies will be sharing resources, guides, infographics, and key messages related to heat and health. All agencies will be using the hashtags #NIHHIS and #HeatSafety.
Themes over the course of the week include:
· Monday, May 15, 2023 – Heat-related illness awareness
· Tuesday, May 16, 2023 – Vulnerabilities (including what makes a person vulnerable, and groups that are at higher-risk such as Outdoor & indoor workers)
· Wednesday, May 17, 2023 – Childhood Heatstroke (PVHD)
· Thursday, May 18, 2023 – Prevention/preparedness/actions
· Friday, May 19, 2023 – Heat and heat-health-related tools
Participating agencies in the 2023 social media campaign include CDC, EPA, FEMA, HHS, NHTSA, NIOSH, NOAA, OSHA, SAMHSA, and USDA/USFS. This is the second consecutive year of the campaign. Follow @HeatGov on Twitter to keep up with the campaign.
For more information, contact Morgan Zabow.
Image credit: NIHHIS