CPO’s Regional Integrated Sciences and Assessments (RISA) Program will host two webinars to facilitate improved understanding of the RISA Program and the 2022 Funding Opportunity. The webinars will review the basics of the four competitions and answer live questions from attendees.
Through this funding opportunity, the RISA program is expanding to new locations that will help build regional capacity to adapt to climate change. RISA’s regional teams build sustained relationships between decision makers and researchers that support collaborative and equitable adaptation to climate risks.
The RISA program is holding four competitions:
- RISA teams for two regions currently covered by the RISA program:
- West: California, Nevada
- Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico
- RISA teams for two NEW regions for the RISA program:
- U.S. Caribbean: Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Central Midwest: Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska
Collaborative Planning Activities in two sub-regions not fully covered by the RISA program:
Upper Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, western Massachusetts, Upstate New York
Appalachia: West Virginia, eastern Kentucky, eastern Tennessee, and mountainous areas of western North Carolina and western Virginia
- Research on Complex Fiscal Pathways for Climate Adaptation in Rural Areas Across the United States. This competition is in partnership with CPO's Adaptation Sciences (AdSci) Program.
On September 29, 2021, RISA hosted a webinar for Competitions 1 and 2, and on September 30, 2021, RISA hosted a webinar for Competitions 3 and 4. These webinars introduced the basics of the competitions as described in the Notice of Funding Opportunity. Program managers were available to answer live questions from the attendees. Links to the recordings can be found below.
On November 18, 2021, RISA will host a second webinar for Competition 1 & 2 after letters of intent have been reviewed. RISA anticipates that applicants will have more questions as they begin writing their full RISA team proposals. Program managers will again be available to answer questions during this critical phase of proposal development.
Competition 1 & 2 Round 1
Competition 3 & 4
Round 2 Webinar for Competitions 1 & 2
- When: Thursday, November 18, 2021 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT
- Follow the link to register: Registration Link (GoToWebinar)
- Webinar ID: 578-916-179