The Climate Program Office’s Modeling, Analysis, Predictions, and Projections (MAPP) program has a vacancy for a Physical Scientist. The individual selected for this position will:
- Guide the strategic management of the research portfolio for climate modeling, analysis, predictions and projections in accordance with the recommendations from the Director of the Climate Program Office, to support NOAA’s Climate Goal objectives.
- Guide the management of MAPP program fiscal resources within prescribed guidelines through the formulation of the annual spending plan.
- Guide the strategic planning of the research portfolio for climate modeling, analysis, predictions and projections area in accordance with the recommendations from the Director of the Climate Program Office, considering program opportunities, challenges/gaps, and risks.
- Enhances the effectiveness of NOAA in meeting its Climate Goal’s mission by creating/advancing productive partnerships including working groups, task forces, or other groups within and external to NOAA to better coordinate research activities and enhance synergies, facilitate integration/application of MAPP program outcomes in specific sectors or complementary programs.
- Represent the Climate Program Office at NOAA, OAR, programmatic interagency meetings (e.g. USGCRP meetings), to integrate/coordinate Climate Program Office activities with other relevant on-going activities.
- Directs MAPP Program communication strategy to enhance the outcomes of MAPP Program activities through presentations/webinars to various scientific and professional communities, the development of outreach documents, and/or content for MAPP program portal.
- Oversee the development of the Announcement of Opportunity, proposals, reviews, selection and funding.
A more detailed job description, including necessary specialized skills and application instructions, can be found at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/368372500
Applications will only be accepted from Monday, April 28, 2014 to Monday, May 05, 2014.