NOAA’s Climate Program Office (CPO) has a vacancy for a Physical Scientist to serve as strategic lead for NOAA’s Arctic Research enterprise and Director of CPO’s Arctic Research Program. The individual selected for this position will:
- Provide strategic leadership for *NOAA’s* Arctic Research enterprise addressing a changing Arctic.
- Provide guidance and mission leadership, management oversight, and direction in overall day-to-day management of NOAA’s Arctic Research Program.
- Develop, maintain and/or advance the creation of new productive partnerships within and external to NOAA addressing current research directions, science and implementation plans.
- Contribute to or develop a strategic vision and other planning and budget documents and presentations to guide the program.
- Propose defend and manage the program budget, administer financial awards, developing Announcements of Opportunities, and monitor project performance; ensure effective timely and economical accomplishments of program objectives.
- Represent NOAA, OAR, and CPO at intra-and-inter-agency and international meetings; and attend scientific and programmatic meetings nationally or internationally.
- Author scientific and technical papers and posters communicating program progress and achievements to broad audience
This is a ZP-V position (pay band of ~$125K – $157K per year) stationed in Silver Spring, MD.
A more detailed job description, including necessary specialized skills and application instructions, can be found at USAJOBS:
*US Citizens (https://www.usajobs.gov/
*Federal Employees (https://www.usajobs.gov/
Pursuant to current government practice the announcement may remain open only until May 8, 2014. This position is open to all U.S. Citizens. The U.S. Department of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.