Registration is now open for the 2023 Accelerating Climate Capacity, Engagement, and Leadership Summit (ACCELS), which will be held on Thursday, November 16th from 2:00-5:00 pm ET. CEE’s Frank Niepold is co-chair of the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN), the organization convening the event.
ACCELS provides space to come together to develop a learning and action network that can advance future programming with a shared awareness of what others are doing, explore opportunities to collaborate, and orient our collective efforts towards systemic change. CLEAN received proposal submissions focusing on DEI and climate action, climate communication, climate change and mental health, assessment of climate understanding, and rural climate education practices.
At the end of the registration process, you will be asked to contribute a small registration fee to help sustain this effort. As a part of the registration process, you will also be asked questions about your work and interests which will help us keep the ACCELS Matrix up to date.
The agenda for this November kick off event is:
- 2:00 pm ET: Introduction & Virtual Invocation
- 2:15 pm ET: Panel with climate literacy experts Ellen Ebert, Emily Fano, Zakhia Grant
- 3:00 pm ET: ACCELS Matrix overview
- 3:30 pm ET: Break
- 3:45 pm ET: Lightning Talk presentations from Working Group Leaders
- 4:15 pm ET: Breakout rooms for initial working group meetings
- 4:45 pm ET: Wrap up & conclusion
For more information, contact Frank Niepold.
Image credit: ACCELS